There are a number of benefits associated with Fabricare Assembly Manager (FAM). This automated, effective assembly option saves time and money because it has all the advantages of an automated assembly conveyor at a budget-friendly price. Our FAM is usable in a central plant or in multiple locations. FAM components include all of the following:
- Barcode Scanner
- Invoice Printer & Numbered Slots
- Rails or J-hooks to Hang Orders
Some of the highlights of the efficiency and effectiveness of our dry cleaner assembly manager include the procedures below:
- Barcodes are heat-sealed into the clothes at mark-in.
- After a garment is scanned, the monitor displays the slot number for where to hang the garment, while the computer voice calls it out over the speakers or headphones.
- The screen also displays the name of the customer, a description of the garment, mark-in instructions, and a list of the previously completed invoices.
Training for FAM is simple and thorough. Basically, it covers the clerk scanning the barcode, hanging the garment in the right slot, and after receiving the “order complete” message, removing and bagging the garment. When the order is complete, an invoice is printed in the assembly bay.
Contact Fabricare Systems, LLC to find out more about our Fabricare Assembly Manager system.
One of the major benefits of Fabricare Systems software is that the company provides guided step-by-step video tutorials on some of its function. For example, in one video, a voice-over narrator guides viewers through the use of the software’s cash-out function. Close-up views of the computer point out the areas that coordinate with the scripted tutorial. The explanations are simple, easy-to-follow, and extremely helpful in training new employees. Fabricare has honed the tutorials over time as it has been in business since 1999.
The online tutorials are outstanding illustrations of the level of support offered by the company to its software customers. They include such topics as “Dropping Off,” “Picking Up,” and “Training” that are offered in its best dry cleaning software. Below is a sample transcript of Fabricare’s guided tour on cashing out, which is the process to conduct when a customer comes to retrieve his or her garments and pay.
- Log In at the Clerk Menu: Enter your ID and press OK.
- On the left side of the screen, select the icon for the “Cash Out” button.
- The blue rectangular toggle enables you to choose how to look up an order with the following different criteria: last name, customer’s phone number, work order, or invoice number.
- Using the “last name” to look up the order, type in the word “test” as a sample name.
- Select the “test” customer name to go to that customer’s payment screen where you will find the customer’s invoices, amount summaries, pieces, and invoice numbers.
- Choose the invoices for this pickup and press “Tender” at the bottom of the screen, which takes you to the screen that displays the payment options: cash, check, credit card.
- To collect payment, press the “Approve” button. Next, you press “Sales Receipt” at the bottom or “Done” to complete the transaction.
- Once you are done, you can return to the original “Cash Out” screen and hit “Cancel” to go back to the “Clerk Menu.”